OLG is again offering ESC families $5 off their tree purchase between Nov 24th-Dec 17th. Download the coupon below!
Use the link below to view exciting new items available for purchase: Warm-ups, shirts, jackets, hats, backpacks, etc!
These items will be delivered by the Holidays!
Below are pdfs of scrimmage schedules for November and December, so that teams know who their opponents are. Teams can wear their jerseys for play, but coaches should also have pinnies for team differentiation.
This policy has been developed to address the growing (and unfortunate) trend of referee abuse in youth sports, in general, and youth soccer, in particular. Our policy, as set forth in the document below, is simple: Any physical or verbal abuse of referees is as unacceptable as physical or verbal abuse of players. It is never acceptable for spectators to criticize referees, verbally or otherwise, at an ESC event.
See the link below to view the new policy in it's entirety.
As you may have heard, USSF and US Youth Soccer are requiring ESC to make certain changes to the way ESC Groups its players for team formation purposes and the format for small-sided games played by our U12 and younger age groups. All clubs in Minnesota and throughout the U.S. are subject to this mandate starting in Fall 2016 season.
See the document link below with info that was previously sent to our membership regarding these changes.
Per the MYSA website, the following are recommended when there is a possibility of dangerous high heat index:
Heat Index Recommendations
Up to 89 degrees Normal Play
90-99 degrees Mandatory 2-minute water breaks per half with running time. Each half shortened by 5 minutes.
100-105 degrees Mandatory 2-minute water breaks per half with running time. Each half shortened by 10 minutes.
Over 105 degrees Suspend Play
Coaches should discuss the heat index with the referees prior to the game being played, so that any adjustments can be made to play time.
Cold Index Recommendations
46° and higher No Change
45° and lower Allowable Additional Clothing:
1. Layered beneath uniform (i.e. long sleeves, long pants, additional socks)
2. Gloves or mittens
3. Stocking caps without straps
4. Sweat pants or shirts [MYSA Rule 7.4.1.e] may be worn underneath the uniform, in the case of extremely cold weather, provided the entire team uses the same color sweats.
5. Jackets may be worn under the uniform so that referees can see the player's number in the event of a card being issued.
Clothing NOT Allowed:
1. Hooded sweatshirts (hoods and strings present possibility of being grabbed)
2. Ear muffs plastic or metal part crossing top of head presents potential hazard (headbands OK) .
3. Scarves (Isadora Duncan Syndrome)
40° and lower Shorten games five minutes per half.
35° and lower Suspend games
All scheduled games will be played rain or shine, unless lightning is spotted in the game area. All players are directed to show up to all scheduled games, even if the weather looks daunting. The decision to play or not play a game will be made at the field by the Referee.
If the City of Edina closes fields in the event of over-saturated conditions, the Club will notify Coaches and Managers by 3 or 4pm in the afternoon via email. A notice will also be posted on the website home page if timing and access allow. If you have not heard from your coach or manager, please plan on showing up to play. NOTE: fields may be closed on a field by field basis. i.e. Creek Valley fields may be closed for the day, but Lewis fields may be playable. Don't assume that all fields are closed unless you hear that is the case.
Click here to create an account for the Edina Soccer Club website
• PLEASE NOTE: When you create an account on the website, if the system gives you a message that says your email address already exists, that means you already have a NGIN account through another organization's website. Please enter your username and password, or click the links provided if you forgot one or both. Once logged in, you will automatically be placed in the Edina Soccer Club Member Directory on the website.